YWCA of Tulsa
immigrant and refugee services

Know Your Facts


Where can I find immigration forms?

You can visit the USCIS immigration website at www.uscis.gov to access forms and learn more about the immigration process.

What is the difference between an immigrant and a non-immigrant visa?

Immigrant visas are for people who want to reside permanently in the U.S. Non-immigrant visas are for people who want to visit only.

How can I become a USC?

Green card holders can become citizens after 5 years of residency. LPRs married to US citizens can apply for naturalization 3 years after becoming permanent residents.

Where can I find general information about immigration?

You can visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website at www.uscis.gov, or you can call their customer service line at 1-800-375-5283 (available in English and Spanish).

Can I speak to someone in the Oklahoma City Immigration office about my case?

Yes, but you need to schedule an InfoPass. You can do an InfoPass appointment at http://infopass.uscis.gov/. Print your InfoPass barcode page and present it during your appointment.  Remember to take your OK Driver’s License, LPR Card or other type of proper ID and all your documents related to your inquiry.

How can I check on my case status?

You can simply click on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, enter your receipt number and click on the check status box.

What is the number for the National Visa Center?

603-334-0700 Monday thru Friday from 7:30 am to 12:00 am

How can I check the visa bulletin?

Visa bulletins are posted each month here; you can call us at 918-663-0377or visit us at at 8145 E. 17th Street.