YWCA Tulsa is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, freedom, dignity and justice for all.
Our vision is a Tulsa community that honors, welcomes, and invests equitably in all of its people.
Our work is focused in two key areas — advancing health equity for the Tulsa community and providing services and support for immigrants and refugees.
Our core values are the heart of our culture.
- Community: We center people in our program design; we engage the Community in our decisions, and we partner with others to achieve the greatest impact. We believe in:
- Collaboration and shared leadership,
- Partnering with others to increase impact,
- And Finding answers within the community.
- Advocacy: We are committed to creating space for voices to be heard. We will:
- Amplify the voices of [women/BIPOC, under-represented communities],
- Ensure spaces where all can have a voice,
- Model representation & diverse leadership
- Respect: We care about each other and treat each other with dignity and value. We believe that authentic, respectful relationships lead to learning and growth. We:
- And Support Each Other.
- Equity & Inclusion: We build diverse, welcoming, and inclusive spaces both within our walls and in the world. We welcome:
- Your full self,
- Your creativity and ideas,
- Your experiences,
- And Your perspective.
- Empowerment: We empower each other [and the community/those we serve] to have a voice and create change. We:
- Develop leaders,
- Blaze new territory,
- and have the courage to act on our principles. We are strong alone and fearless together.
- Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals. We are:
- Strategic, and
- Innovative As we seek ways to constantly learn and improve.